‘He’s right’! Samantha Power tries to defend a cash-strapped U.N. against Trump criticism, ends up proving his point
As Twitchy told you yesterday, the United Nations is reportedly running a deficit of $230 million and might run out of money by the end of the month. President Trump had this to say about it:
So make all Member Countries pay, not just the United States! https://t.co/IVbE4MqBVl
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 9, 2019
Former U.S. ambassador to the U.N. Samantha Power came rushing in to defend their honor against Trump with this bit of information:
Just another diversionary lie from @realDonaldTrump. Other countries in fact pay 78% of @UN budget. They also provide nearly 100 percent of the 100,000 soldiers & police who help stabilize dangerous places like Mali & Lebanon where the US has important national security interests https://t.co/6XLLd8GF0R
— Samantha Power (@SamanthaJPower) October 9, 2019
Many spotted Power making a great point, albeit not the one she thinks she’s making:
So…195 countries pay 78% percent & the US pays 22% and you don’t see this as an imbalance? M’kay. (193 members, 2 observers) https://t.co/YwBgcygtw6
— Stacey (@ScotsFyre) October 9, 2019
The US, with less than 5% of the world's population, pays 22% of the UN budget. I thought you leftists believed in everyone paying their "fair share". https://t.co/IQw57LTVvZ
— Jeff McIrish (@JeffMcIrish) October 9, 2019
It was nice of Power to help point this out!
We pay 22% of their bloated budget. While, 192 countries pay the remaining 78%.
You guys are crazy.
— Ryan B. Leslie (@RyanBLeslie) October 9, 2019
195 other countries pay a total of 78%. When you break this down into the minuscule percentage EACH country pays compared to the US, it is outrageous🙄
— jennydee (@jenndee19) October 9, 2019
So one country pays nearly a quarter of the budget? Seems fair.
— Jaihawkk (@Jaihawkk) October 9, 2019
Talk about diversionary. 195 countries pay 78%? And we pay 22%? He’s right.
— Karen Paul (@KPBeachGirl) October 9, 2019
So then why is the UN going broke? Honestly these people don’t realize how dumb they sound to the majority of taxpayers.
Hey what’s new @SamanthaJPower also thought unmasking citizens was perfect 👌
— L Kaye (@Liberty4Life73) October 9, 2019