Coronavirus: A Leaked Bioweapon?
An extraordinary investigative article calls into question much of the information disseminated by the mainstream media on coronavirus.
In particular, this piece raises the possibility that coronavirus is either a deliberately leaked bioweapon or a deadly disease that inadvertently escaped from the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
The full article can be found here. However, in short, the following findings should at least leave us highly skeptical as to the origins and nature of coronavirus:
- The supposed epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak–the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in Wuhan–is just 8.6 miles away from the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The Wuhan Institute of Virology “houses China’s only P4-Level Biosafety Laboratory capable of storing, studying or engineering Pathogen Level 4 microbes such as other coronaviruses, Ebola, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, SARS, H5N1 influenza virus, Japanese encephalitis, and dengue.”
- A U.S. State Department report from last year found “Information indicates that the People’s Republic of China engaged during the reporting period in biological activities with potential dual-use applications.”
- In January 2018, after the Wuhan P4-Level Biosafety Laboratory was announced to be in operation, biosafety experts warned that a ‘SARS-like’ disease could escape.
- The SARS virus has escaped on several occasions from laboratories in Beijing that are analogous to the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
- Professor Zhengli Shi is the Senior Scientist and Principal Investigator of the Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory. Prof. Zhengli is the leading global expert on coronavirus and viral pathogen identification, co-authoring 130 publications on these and related subjects–“nearly all of which commandeered at Wuhan Institute of Virology where the National Biosafety Laboratory is located.” Moreover, the day before victims of the new coronavirus was first reported on 12 December 2019, Prof. Zhengli co-authored a study entitled ‘Molecular Mechanism for Antibody-Dependent Enhancement of Coronavirus Entry’.
- Prof. Zhengli found in her 11 December 2019 study “Coronavirus spike protein mediates viral entry into cells by first binding to a receptor on the host cell surface and then fusing viral and host membranes.” However, on 23 January 2020 she claimed, “at this stage, we know very little about the virus (coronavirus), including basic biology, animal source or any specific treatment.” So, as the author of the article puts it, why would Prof. Zhengli “feign ignorance” over coronavirus?
- Prof. Zhengli has previously received funding for coronavirus research from a number of US government sources. Including, the “U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency (the agency which deals specifically with Weapons of Mass Destruction.”)